Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Due For Replacement

Posted by Kyashi at 10:58 AM
My Acer laptop has been with me for 4 years.  When I received my laptop when I was about to graduate in my first course, I was ecstatic. Finally, I am able to have my own laptop. Through the past 4 years, my laptop, Sparkles (so I call it) has been of great service to me. Almost all my outputs was produced mainly by Sparkles. Great times indeed! But nowadays, Sparkles has started to deteriorate. Her battery can't support her anymore. Even her charger has wiring problems and won't connect the electricity to the laptop not unless I do something about it.  What am I saying? It's just a laptop. I can just buy the battery and charger and it's as if nothing has happened, right? I can just to a store and have them replaced, right? 

Oh, just how I wish it's the same with life. But we can't just easily replace or remove people who has made a great impact in our lives like those parts. We can have these "replacements" in our lives, but they won't be the same as the "original parts".  They might have the same impact, but to us, they are not the same.  We may continue to function like before, but we can't shake the feeling that it's not how it was supposed to be.

But that's just what life really is.  When people are doing us more damage, when they are not helping us grow anymore, when they are already a cause of delay in our lives, God removes them and places new people in our lives.  These "new" people will be the ones to encourage us, help us move on with our life, makes us be a better person. We may say that they might not be the same as those people in our lives before, but hey, past is past. What has been done, cannot be changed. God removed them in our lives! Stop trying to get back those people God has removed. Live in your NOW!

Remember Master Shifu's saying in Kung Fu Panda:
  "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift.  That is why it is called, a present."

So, what are the things or who are the people due for replacement in your life?

Happy Wednesday everyone! :)
 

The REAL Katty Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos