Monday, August 16, 2021

2021.08.16 Routine

Posted by Kyashi at 7:35 PM
Slowly, I've been getting used to a routine.

Waking up by 8:30 AM, playing either my KPOP Chill playlist or morning Cafe playlist in youtube, then sending the message "good morning" to my work GC.
Brushing my teeth and washing my face before sitting at my desk to open my laptop and monitor.
Doing my start of day report, waiting for 930 AM for the team huddle, then eating breakfast after the team huddle.
Continue working then a break either at 1pm or 3pm.
If the break is at 1pm, then it's a lunch break.
If the break is at 3pm, then it's a workout break.
Depending on the day, I'll end work exactly at 6pm. If not, a little bit later.
Depends on the mood, I am able to sleep by 9pm.
Then repeat. This goes on from Monday to Thursday.

Fridays are different because I ensure to work out at 3pm so I can stay awake until the wee hours for our Midnight club.

So far, it's keeping me sane. But at the same time, the routine is really starting to bore me.  I know I need to have a routine to sustain myself. But I don't like this.

I know I have to start appreciating the simple life.
I need to start accepting that MY life is not as exciting as how it was before.
I need to start accepting that this life is what I chose - not because I want to, but I need to - for my sanity.

I'm not totally happy about it, but I think, there's nothing else I can do.
More and more, I feel that I am no longer needed where I was needed before - where my previous routine came from.
And I need to accept that. My current job makes me feel wanted. But is this something that should worry me? Because I feel wanted and obligated?

I never liked having a routine.
But it's what I need.
Repeat.


 

The REAL Katty Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos